acer spin 5 black screen problem what may be the problem and what can i do?

rppokhrel22
rppokhrel22 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

I have acer spin 5 laptop... it does not display any thing in its own screen but when conneted to another display it works... even its webcam, touch video also play and seen on another screen when connected to another display but nothings shows only black screen on its own display... what may be the problem and what can i do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• That could be the eDP screen cable that connects the screen to the mobo, that its plugs or cable is damaged due to when the laptops lid is open and closed and wears out and the cable gets damaged or its plugs short out for certain reasons, you need to open the laptop and inspect this cable and its plugs and if its damaged replace the cable or its the actual screen that is faulty and needs replacing.

• What is the exact model? Example SF315-52.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nessister
    nessister Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

Did you ever fix this issue?

Im experiencing the same problem.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

@nessister the original poster never got back to us with what computer they actually have, much less what was going on with it. :( You should start a new thread, using the Ask a Question button. Include your full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SP5xx-xxx-xxxx. Let us know what is going on and what you have tried so far to fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,239 Trailblazer

Did you try to toggle the Screen on/off function key at the top of your keyboard, mine is F5/F6?