How to include a @AnhEZ28 type mark in my posts?

Options
SargeAnt1
SargeAnt1 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I am a newbie here, and people ask me to include their for example @AnhEZ28 mark in my replies, so that they can check my response. I did not find a way to do that. I simply include @AnhEZ28 as plain text in my reply, and it does not transform into the mark but remains plain text. Please advise me how I should include @AnhEZ28 mark in my posts!

Comments

• StevenGen
    Options

To link and for instance the name that you mentioned "@AnhEZ28" you need to either copy the name and link and paste it with the comment, as and otherwise just posting the name without a link it won't automatically link that name, or you can copy/paste the name to your answer that they will be notified of your response , but if you are answering a solution to a post, the easiest way is to use "Quote" as that will link to whoever posted that post that they have gotten an answer, as and if you don't do either of the above, then your answer to the post will not be notified to the person that posted the question. Thats how I do things, as maybe there is other ways to do it also?😁

• SargeAnt1
    Options

Thank you very much for your prompt answer, but I did not understand you. I did not figure out how to "copy and paste the name to the answer". The only thing I understood is that I may instead quote the whole post and it is sufficient for the notification of the author of the quoted post. Please explain me in more detail how to "copy and paste the name to the answer"

• StevenGen
    Options

😁here it is in simpler form. I've just answered your comment and clicked on Quote and answer is quoted above, which will notify you that I've answered your post, another way for me to answer your post is to copy your username like this>>> IBTESAM and then paste it at any part of my answer, that is what I meant as that will also inform you in your "Notification" that you have a message, simple

• SargeAnt1
    Options

Thank you, but again I cannot understand. I am now copying suggested IBTESAM from your answer, selecting it with mouse and then copy/paste into my new reply. This reply. But IBTESAM remains a text (marked with green color, though), not a link, like it was in your message. What am I doing wrong?

• SargeAnt1
    Options

Sorry, I was wrong. The IBTESAM was a text in my message when writing it, but after I posted it IBTESAM became a link. Thank you StevenGen. Now I see that IBTESAM's answer was relevant too. I thought he was saying rubbish. Thanks everyone, now my problem is solved