ACER Nitro 5 AN515-55 Can't change the SATA mode from RAID to AHCI

Options
bsuvonov
bsuvonov Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Windows 10

Hello. My laptop's model is ACER Nitro 5 AN515-55. I have 1 TB HDD and 256 GB SSD on my laptop. I have Windows 10 on my SSD but I want to install debian linux to my SSD. However, in order to do that, I should change the SSD SATA mode to AHCI. I entered the BIOS but the settings were not configurable. I tried with safe mode too but they are still not configurable. Here is a picture of my BIOS settings when I entered with safe mode enabled:

Please help with this case!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

I believe you hit control + s on the main page as the first thing you enter . After that, it appears in the advance tab I think , as it's a 10th gen I think it's rst mode

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Below is the bios setting guide of the AN515-55s SG for altering in the Main Tab >SATA Mode then press Ctri+S, and once pressed that you will have the otion to change to AHCI from RAID, and once you changed it, save changes and restart the laptop.

After the display goes black, hold ALT+F10 to go to automatic repair, click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, then change startup behavior, and click restart. After the restart, choose 4 to go to safe mode. After going into safe mode successfully, you don't have to do anything other than restart the laptop again. It will boot fine into normal windows.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

I believe you hit control + s on the main page as the first thing you enter . After that, it appears in the advance tab I think , as it's a 10th gen I think it's rst mode

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Below is the bios setting guide of the AN515-55s SG for altering in the Main Tab >SATA Mode then press Ctri+S, and once pressed that you will have the otion to change to AHCI from RAID, and once you changed it, save changes and restart the laptop.

After the display goes black, hold ALT+F10 to go to automatic repair, click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, then change startup behavior, and click restart. After the restart, choose 4 to go to safe mode. After going into safe mode successfully, you don't have to do anything other than restart the laptop again. It will boot fine into normal windows.

• bsuvonov
    bsuvonov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes this worked. I didn't know that I had to press Ctrl + C. Thank you so much both of you!