acer veriton X4110G Entire PC freeze after new graphics card.

maxdha
maxdha Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I've an acer veriton X4110G with 8GB ddr3 and AMD A8 Pro-7600B.

Recently I bought a GT 1030 OC 2GB graphics card.

Whenever I plug it in, and start any game, It freezes the entire PC. So, no keyboard, no mouse. Only solution is restarting.

I tried under-volting the card, and noticed it worked for a little bit more, but still freezes after a few seconds.

That made me change the PSU to a bigger one, but the problem still persists.

Also I tried many HDMI/VGA adaptors/convertors. Also upgraded/uninstalled all possible drivers.

There' no heat problem as well. The problem happens when the card draws power only.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

You need a good and 100% working 200W PSU as PSU can be a cause for the GeForce GT1030 , you need the latest NVidia driver Version:528.02 WHQL for Win-10, update Direct X and last check the GTX GT1030 GPU , as these GPUs are old and probably been running for a few long years, or if you bought it second-hand, it could be faulty and that is why you are getting the freezing and malfunction, as this GOU should work in your desktop.

• maxdha

GPU is new. Tested it on another pc.

I tried a 300W psu, still same problem.

• StevenGen

See if the PCIe gpu slot is not damaged or dirty and blocking connection in any way to the gpu, as that could be a factor also. Update the bios to the last version R01.B1, if all that won't fix your issue then the motherboard is faulty and cant run a gpu and needs replacing or just use the AMD cpu's graphics.

• maxdha

Would you mind telling me how to upgrade the bios for the X4110G ?

• StevenGen
    edited January 2023

The easiest way to do a BIOS flash for your desktop is to first read the Appendix folder and read the PDF document titled “Win Flash Utility SOP v1.2” and follow that guide exactly, then use the BIOS files from the WIN FOLDER to flash the new BIOS_Acer_R01.B1_A_A file.

It’s a simple job but make sure that your desktop does not have the following;

1. The PC is running 100% without any freezes, BSDOs.
    2. Doesn’t have the GT1030 GPU connected so that it doesn't, freeze or crash the PC or cause any BSODs blue screens halfway through the BIOS flash,
    3. Make sure that you disable all anti-virus, malware and other software that is running in the background that can crash and disturb the BIOS flash proc ess.
    4. Make sure that you have a reliable main power source.

All this will ensure that your BIOS flash will be done 100% without any interruptions halfway through the BIOS flash that can brick your BIOS chip, which and if its bricked the BIOS chip needs to be reprogramed from scratch by an experienced technician with a programing tool.

Also, if you haven’t done a BIOS flash before and are not game, then get an experienced technician to do it for you as Acer warns every user that

"Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"

Which I must warn you about also, as I take no responsibility if you brick your desktop, as some old PCs BIOS can be prone to wear and tear and flashing the BIOS can damage them, as I've experienced personally myself with old PCs and I must warn you about, but this is very rare, so its up to you. Good luck and hope this helps you out and any other problems please don't hesitate to ask, cheers.