Black patches with white background on X32 FP screen

greenmox
greenmox Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Predator Monitors

My X32FP finally arrived last week, but I found that there are a lot of dark patches on the screen with white background. Is it normal or I should return it?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    edited January 2023

@greenmox

Try to unplug all the wires go to the monitor and press and hold the power button which is on the monitor for 30 second.

Than connect and check, also try to connect with any device and check it. If you still have the same issue and if you have the replacement warranty , than better get a replacement

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • greenmox

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, just tested and didn’t solve the issue.

I called Acer after sales service and they said this is normal, very terrible quality control

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

I can't see anything on your image that I would call dark patches...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • greenmox

Tinkerer

Perhaps this image is better in describing the issue.

The Acer local service engineer said it is common in FALD panel….

• @greenmox

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• @greenmox

If your device is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• greenmox

Tinkerer

I tried to contact the local support, but they said that it is normal for a FALD panel and refused to repair it.......

• @greenmox

I understand you say "My X32FP finally arrived last week " It means your device is still under warranty.

You say you contacted local support but i recommend you to contact the warranty team or check with the store people from where you have purchased it.

If you dont like this model, you can always replace with a different model if the store people allow it.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• greenmox

Tinkerer

I purchased it from Acer website directly and the Acer warranty team sent their engineer to my home and test it, and they offically deined my repair request, nor they will do replacement, because they think that there is no issue....really sad....

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited January 2023

@greenmox

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly contact them once again and check with them whether there is any possibility of getting replacement or getting a alternative model. Please check whether it happens for this model alone or happens for all models. Also check the acer store ( understand you purchased online ) where you have ordered. There will be a phone no to contact them. They will provide you alternative suggestions.

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★