USB-C to Display port problem in Acer nitro AN515-58

Manio93
Manio93 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello.

I just bought Acer nitro AN515-58 (with 12000h and 3060). My previous laptop was lenovo y50-70. Monitor i am using is iiyama g master gb2470hsu and it is connected via usb-c - display port cable. I was working all fine with lenovo laptop, but with my new Acer it not working correctly. Previous laptop run with g-sync etc, this new laptop only connect to iGPU with this cable ( HDMI to HDMI works fine but only 144hz refresh and no g-sync). What i read from data sheets it have displayport over usb type-c and thunderbolt 4. There is a way to work via usb-c display port and have g-sync and 165hz ? Im tired of this, while hdmi works more smoothly etc and usb-c to display port is connected to iGPU.

Can you help me guys or i just made mistake buying this laptop ?

sorry for my english :)

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

I dont think its possible as its routed to the intel gpu :(

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,849 Trailblazer

Should be possible. Do you have DP cable plugged into front port #2 shown below? Did you press FN+F5 to toggle external screen on?

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,235 Pathfinder

@Manio93 what is the actual model of your previous laptop? That model you gave was an old one and didn't have the Type-C port.

Most laptops nowadays with Thunderbolt 4 port are connected to the iGPU.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Manio93
    Manio93 Member Posts: 2 New User

Ofc i did. And still not working ( only work 165hz).

@AnhEZ28

My previous laptop was: lenovo y520-15ikbn (1060 with i7 7700hq)

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,235 Pathfinder

@Manio93 upon looking at the specs, that Lenovo laptop's Type-C port can be used as HDMI or Displayport but not Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt ports are generally connected to the iGPU instead of dGPU. For now, you can just either stay with HDMI, get a 165Hz monitor with HDMI 2.0, or exchange another laptop with a Mini DisplayPort like the Helios 300 series.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,849 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

>>>I just bought Acer nitro AN515-58 (with 12000h and 3060)>>>HDMI works fine but only 144hz>>>

Sorry, specifications suggest max tested rate output to certain external monitors is 144Hz at 3840x2160 from the HDMI port. No rates tested or specified for the type-C DP 1.4a output. Accordingly, you should return the machine to the vendor as not meeting your needs for a refund or exchange as soon as possible before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires, usually only a few week. Acer usually only warrants 144Hz max from the HDMI port for certain monitors which you've already shown as possile.

Jack E/NJ