JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
I have installed Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire Z5610 but the screen isn't as defined as it used to be. It is more like if I start in Safe Mode and I keep getting a message from Windows saying "Searching for Display Driver".
FAQ & Answers
Have a look at what NVidia driver you have for the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M gpu, as the oem Acer NVidia provided version 196.66 is an old and a Win-7 driver and is not for Win-10, install the latest NVidia NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 240M driver Version:342.01 WHQL btw, I've got this same graphics working on another Aspire laptop and it works perfectly with Win-10.
Also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan of your Win-10 OS on this AIO and update all the Intel graphics and all drivers for Win-10, as that is your problem.
Also, and if you want to make this AIO be at its best specs for Win-10, upgrade the oem cpu the Intel Q8200 Intel® Core™2 Quad to the better Core 2 Quad Q9550 or the Core 2 Quad Q9650 cpu and of course upgrade the ram to this AIOs max capacity of 8GB at 2x 4GB DDR3- 1333 MHz, and change the oem 2.5" HDD to a 2/5" SSD drive as all this will make this AIO preform at its best with Win-10 OS and at least 100% better.
After you have done all the above and your AIO and Win-10 work perfectly without any BSODs or crashes, update the bios to this AIOs last bios version P01.B2 (here is a direct link that is a safe link: Download file (BIOS_Acer_P01.B2_A_A.zip) for this bios update driver) this is the Acer guide for the "FLASH PROCEDURE":
1) Make a bootable USB key at first.
2) Uncompress the zip file to the USB key.
3) Boot the system with USB key.
4) Please execute EL8.bat. Phoenix Phlash16 Utility will start.
5) If it finished normally, the system will auto reboot.
6) After power on the system, you must set up CMOS information by following step.
a) Start BIOS Setup Utility by pressing Del key at message screen.
b) Confirm the BIOS version at Main Menu.
c) After initializing by Exit-Load Setup Defaults, Set Date/Time at Main Menu, then reboot by Exit-Exit Saving Changes.
7) Flash process would have finished successfully.
Good luck and hope this helps you out.
If my answers/solutions help you, please consider hitting "Like" and "Yes".
Regards and God speed 😉
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58
- Intel Core i5-12500H 12th gen Octacore ( 2.70 ghz... Turbo up to 4.50 ghz ) with p-cores and e-cores
- 15.6 inch thin bezel IPS FHD ( 1920X1080 ) 144hz
- RAM 8 GB DDR4 MAX 32 GB
- SSD 512 GB Nvme
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 ( DEDICATED 4 GB GDDR6 )