Predator G3600 sound issues- Driver were updated and still no sound.

Options
JLGK
JLGK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Desktops

My sound on my predator is intermittent. I tried updating the drivers and no luck there. I then uninstalled the audio and restarted the computer. Driver were updated and still no sound. I unplugged my speakers and plugged them into another computer, they worked fine. I realize that the sound card for the Predator is built into the motherboard. Can I just install a new sound card in one of the expansion slots and use it instead. If so, any recommendations? I was looking at a Creative Sound Blaster card AE-5 or a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX7.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• NeoGeo
    NeoGeo Member Posts: 157 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

You could use a usb soundcard, creative make some good ones - but before anything back up your files and reinstall windows, sometimes that fixes alot of driver issues.

• JLGK
    Options

Why a USB and not another sound card? I've heard good and bad about USB.

• JLGK
    Options
  • NeoGeo
    NeoGeo Member Posts: 157 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Preference really, i think usb ones are more versatile, portable and easy to access, i also found less interference (system hum) with a external card but that only really matters if you plan to use it for some kind of recording. I think at the end of the day it comes down to your personal choice and what you prefer , either option will work for you - you were looking for suggestions and personally i would go for a Creative Sound BlasterX G6

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,276 Trailblazer
    Options

Before you get into all that, check to make sure your sound settings are pointing you at the actual speakers. Often they will expect you to be using speakers on the monitor through HDMI instead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.