Acer Nitro N50-640 my screen freeze's. Nothing moves, no buttons work

shirtbutton
shirtbutton Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hi to you all. Newbie here.

I brought my new computer back in December. Up until a week ago everything was fine with it. Since then I have had 2 episodes, whereby my screen freeze's. Nothing moves, no buttons work, So I have to turn it off and then wait a bit to turn it back on. Please can anyone help me.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • shirtbutton
    shirtbutton Member Posts: 2 New User

Working on my computer again today and the computer decided to freeze again. |I turned it off and then counted to 20 and turned it back on. My computer is not even a month old and it just does this randomly. when i am checking my emails, playing a game, been on idle for a while. There is no reason for the computer to do this. Can Acer help me please.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Have you added anything to the stock system? A full freeze like that is normally caused by a driver taking control of the bus and then not releasing. Everything else, including mouse movements, is waiting to get access and it just never happens. That can be tough to diagnose since when frozen it can't update the events. If you haven't added anything to the hardware have you don't updates to the drivers from a source other than Windows update or the Acer support site? If so, try rolling any of those back to the previous version. If you haven't done updates or the updates can't be rolled back, then Jack's suggestion to reset back to factory should fix it, unless it's hardware then the fix will be to use your Acer warranty to get it repaired.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.