How can I recover my computer outside of Windows?
You can recover your Acer computer by pressing Alt + F10 as soon as your computer starts booting up. Use the following steps to restore the your computer to factory defaults.
- Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
- Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
- Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.
- Click Next, then select Just remove my files.
- Click Reset to begin the recovery.