Can't wake up Helios PH315-55 from sleep with bluetooth keyboard or mouse + HDMI display problems

Options
StevieArc
StevieArc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I've searched around & followed all advice I've found so far (Changing the setting in the bios + checking the "let this device wake " setting in device manager & still not working.

I mainly keep my laptop connect to TV/monitor at all times & it is placed in the slot underneath the keyboard tray. This is incredibly annoying & ridiculous to wake up every single day, bend down (adding to my already existing back pain), slide the laptop out of the slot, open the lid, type in my password on the Helios keyboard to get it to come back on & then slide it back in (Unknowingly knocking the AC Adapter cord loose in the process sometimes!). Please tell me there has to be some way to get this working? The antiquated piece of garbage HP I used previously could even pull this off at least

And IDK what's up with this either, but sometimes the W11 lockscreen will show on my TV after opening the lid, other times only on the laptop screen & once typed in it either A:turns my TV display back on or B:still only shows the laptop screen display & I have to unplug & plug the HDMI back in (Surely this can't be good as far as wear & tear on the port!)

Appreciate any advice, for the most part really liking it so far aside from a couple major annoyances like this

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Win-11 is not the same as Win-10 in this regard, have you allowed the mouse and keyboard in Device Manager in their respective “Power Management” to “Allow this device to wake the computer”?

Also, doing a "Restart" to reboot OS can help, as that is a most straightforward short-term solution when your computer won’t wake up using the usual methods. Also, update drivers from the manufacturer of the keyboard/mouse and don't run the default Win-11 drivers,

Change the power management settings

• Open your Control Panel and find “Power Options.”
    • Click “Change plan settings” next to the plan you’re using.
    • Press “Change advanced power settings” on the next screen.
    • Look for the “PCI Express” option in the popup window.
    • Under “PCI Express,” open “Link State Power Management” and turn it off in the dropdown menu.
    • Save the changes.

Otherwise, the problem is related to your mouse and external keyboard battery (as both need to be charged and not left under 30% charge) or their drivers. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• StevieArc
    StevieArc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

Like I mentioned I tried checking the "Allow this device to wake computer settings", but I did forget to say I already tried the "PCI Express/Link State Power Management" off as well

Doubt it's the keyboard or mouse because they both still wake up my old laptop with no problem, battery percentage both high. And it's not just waking them up from sleep that I can't do with my bluetooth keyboard & mouse, it's anything: restarting, power off & on, no matter what I can't get the lock screen to appear on my TV without opening up the lid & sometimes typing my password on the laptop's keyboard and/or unplugging the HDMI cord & replugging