Acer Predator PH317-53 Networking Is Out

Options
Code_Red
Code_Red Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

I can't bluetooth, wifi, or ethernet a connection. I have went through command prompts to reset netsh, uninstalled driver, reinstalled drivers (manually matching device ids). I am able to see all info because I have two of these laptops. I thought I'll copy the driver folders, to the limping Predator. Still no network. I uninstalled Killer Suite with Revo, no traces left. Usually, you have one network type to depend on. My next thought is my mobo is going bad. Does the community have any ideas for fixing?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,055 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Killer 6 AX1650i 160Hz Wi-Fi and BT v5.2 card is a problematic card especially and what I've experienced with its Bluetooth drivers that are updated by windows update and any Intel new BT drivers.

What I suggest that you do first is do a Hard Reset of your laptop, by taking the main and bios batteries out and the ram and Killer Wi-Fi/BT card out and also and clean their slots, after all that short the + and - bios battery pins at the motherboard and leave everything disconnected for 15min and reconnect and reboot your laptop.

Btw, I've got Bluetooth problems with this same card with my Nitro 5 AN515-56 as this Killer AX1650i card only works on my laptops with the Acer oem driver version 22.40.0.2 Bluetooth driver (the latest Intel BT driver is the Version: 22.190.0.2 and my laptop does not work with this driver but it works with the Wi-Fi of the same driver) so maybe try this driver out also, as my Wi-Fi driver (see below) on my laptop works 100% and perfectly through walls, glass and up to 50meter (50 yards) perfectly and clearly with the latest Intel driver the version 22.190.0.4 like below.

Make sure that you only install and have working the Acer oem Bluetooth driver version 20.110.0.3 and oem Wi-Fi driver version 20.110.0.3 first, if they are not installed after reset in Device Manaker, then rollback to these drivers in Device Manager >Update Driver Browse my computer for drivers >Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and pick the oem Acer drivers from that list (if there is no oem drivers then install the oem Acer drivers) and do this for both BT and Wi-Fi drivers as they should work 100% and perfectly.

If all the above doesn't fix your problems, then replace the Killer Wi-Fi/BT AX1650i Wi-Fi /BT card as its faulty with the below card type and Acer part number:

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Killer 6 AX1650i 160Hz Wi-Fi and BT v5.2 card is a problematic card especially and what I've experienced with its Bluetooth drivers that are updated by windows update and any Intel new BT drivers.

What I suggest that you do first is do a Hard Reset of your laptop, by taking the main and bios batteries out and the ram and Killer Wi-Fi/BT card out and also and clean their slots, after all that short the + and - bios battery pins at the motherboard and leave everything disconnected for 15min and reconnect and reboot your laptop.

Btw, I've got Bluetooth problems with this same card with my Nitro 5 AN515-56 as this Killer AX1650i card only works on my laptops with the Acer oem driver version 22.40.0.2 Bluetooth driver (the latest Intel BT driver is the Version: 22.190.0.2 and my laptop does not work with this driver but it works with the Wi-Fi of the same driver) so maybe try this driver out also, as my Wi-Fi driver (see below) on my laptop works 100% and perfectly through walls, glass and up to 50meter (50 yards) perfectly and clearly with the latest Intel driver the version 22.190.0.4 like below.

Make sure that you only install and have working the Acer oem Bluetooth driver version 20.110.0.3 and oem Wi-Fi driver version 20.110.0.3 first, if they are not installed after reset in Device Manaker, then rollback to these drivers in Device Manager >Update Driver Browse my computer for drivers >Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and pick the oem Acer drivers from that list (if there is no oem drivers then install the oem Acer drivers) and do this for both BT and Wi-Fi drivers as they should work 100% and perfectly.

If all the above doesn't fix your problems, then replace the Killer Wi-Fi/BT AX1650i Wi-Fi /BT card as its faulty with the below card type and Acer part number:

• Code_Red
    Code_Red Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It's 1am... I'm finally ready to go. Thank you for the insight. The driver advice for rollback, and next choose one not recommended (in articles) has been great. Think this Acer will be my last. Thank you thank you

• StevenGen
    edited January 2023
    Options

Glad to help you out and please don't blame Acer, as its not an Acer fault but in this case its an Intel product and design and driver(s) that cause these faults. Acer make some great laptops as I can vouch for that as I've been using Acer laptops especially for over 10 years.

If you want to know what are the worst laptops then ask techs that repair laptops and PCs, as on their worst lists Acer is definitely not their #1 laptop and/or desktops, I also repair laptops as a hobby and imo the worst (which I would never ever touch or buy) is Lenovo, which are cheap and their mobos are designed with extraordinary cheap components and designed in a way to save money through taking shortcuts with less proven designs to save money e.g. their current USB-C charged laptops that have no power charging ports, this port is interlinked also to power on functionality of the actual laptop, and if this USB-C port shortens and doesn't work, then the whole laptop doesn't work and this port needs to be changed otherwise you can't use the whole laptop as it dead, then you have ASUS that have allot of power problems through burned out of shorted capacitors and mosats failures, same with HP and Dell laptops but this doesn't seem to happen with Acer laptops, as I get very few of them to be repaired. Good luck and hope this has help you out, as this community is here for this reason😀