Predator Sense P03-640 no GPU fan control?

Bender1031
Bender1031 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just got this system and I seem to not have control over my gpu fans. I'm running Win 11 and have all the updates as of right now... even the NVIDIA update 528.02 that came out 01/05/23.

As you can see from the screen shot, on custom mode, cranked up to 100%, it still shows 0 RPM. If I manually look at the gpu fans (GEForce RTX 3070), I don't see any changes happening... and the right fan isn't moving at all. I'm also kinda a newbie with this, so maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe the newest updates have a messed with me?

I've also searched on my Acer product page and can't seem to find anywhere to even re-download (to attempt a reinstall) Predator Sense. See 2nd screen shot.

Got any ideas for me? Thanks

Best Answer

• Bender1031
    Answer ✓

I just figured it out - turns out there were some wires that were physically blocking the fan from moving! I missed that when I checked earlier! 🙃 It had nothing to do with any drivers or whatnot. PS and MSI Afterburner work fine. I appreciate the help you 2 offered!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,460 Trailblazer

Did PS work with the oem Acer NVidia driver 5125.20 and with the latest PS version 2.0.7.6131, and have you got bios Version: R01-B0 installed. Try to install an earlier version of PS as it should work and there could be a sensor issue with the gpu.

• Hawkmoon
    Hawkmoon Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2023

Have you tried a third party monitor app to see if it shows your GPU fan is working such as HWmonitor or MSI afterburner?

• Bender1031
    Answer ✓

I just figured it out - turns out there were some wires that were physically blocking the fan from moving! I missed that when I checked earlier! 🙃 It had nothing to do with any drivers or whatnot. PS and MSI Afterburner work fine. I appreciate the help you 2 offered!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer

Predator Sense is now called Predator Arc for your system...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.