ACER NITRO 5 AN517-52 UPGRADE? I am also looking to add ram

Daltken
Daltken Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi this is the first pc i have owned. I use it for gaming frequently. I am wanting to add storage as i have 500gbs and it holds like 3 games. Am i able to add more storage and if so what is my budget friendly options? I am also looking to add ram as well as i only have 8gb currently, suggestions for this as well would be appreciated! tysm.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer

The AN517-52 laptop can have 2x M.2 PCIe 3x4 M.2 drives that can be bought these days up to 8TB capacities at PCIe 4x4 and it also can accommodate a 1x 2,5" SATA-3 6GB/s SSD of 8TB also, so in theory you can have a total of 24TB total for all these drives like the M.2 and the SATA-3 drives, if they are formatted in GUID (GPT) or as its known UEFI format, for your gaming or if you really want to know the theoretical capacity its 24 petabytes which is the GUID (GPT) limit that is 8 petabytes😁 (1x Petrabyte = 1000TB) if you want gaming space in your laptop😁only joking, as 8TB is about the "so called if you can afford limit",

Realistically have a look at the M.2 of the fast M.2 drives like the Samsung 970 EVO Plus or the WDC Black SN750 type M.2 drives, and the 2.5" drives like the Samsung 2.5" SSDs types for best results for gaming.

Also, for gaming upgrade the ram to the max of 32GB 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz type ram CL22, as ive got that running in an AN515-56 and its ecellent and very quick.