Update bios for aspire tc-605

caradawc
caradawc Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, I would like to update the BIOS of my Aspire TC-605. My version is P11-A4, 21/03/2014.

Can someone help me? Thank you.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Before I will give you any advice, I must warn you of all these factors, the last bios update for the TC605 is the Version: P21.A4 Date: 2014/11/12 Modify keep setup data while after flash BIOS. Just remember that Acer warns every consumer this “Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution” as I take no responsibility if you brick your desktop is you do this bios update wrongly!

The safest way to flash a bios is to never do a bios update if you haven’t done one before in DOS and with CMD prompt, or your OS and/or desktop is crashing and/or getting BSOD blue screens of death, as that could brick your desktop. Also make sure that your anti-virus is turned off, no software is running, your desktop is connected to reliable power source that doesn’t crash before attempting to do a bios update.

Download the last bios Version: P21.A4 bios update from the TC605 Acer Drivers & Manuals, read the attached PDF README guide tilted “BIOS Flash SOP for Acer Desktop” and use the WIN folder files to put them onto a bootable USB and then follow that guide exactly to flash the bios, and as I’ve said above and I repeat it again, don’t attempt to flash a bios if you haven’t done a DOS and/or a CMD prompt type bios flash, as you will brick the desktop and you will not be able to use it. Take your desktop to an experienced tech that knows how to flash this bios as its allot safer to flash a bios that way then a user bricking their PC. Good luck and hope this helps you out

• caradawc
    caradawc Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Since I don't think the update will bring much improvement, I think I'd rather not take the risk. Thank you very much for your response.