Acer Nitro XV271 Z 27” IPS 1920x1080 280Hz Refresh rate

DOoMeR
DOoMeR Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently bought this monitor, and i'm unable to get 280hz working on it. I'm using a AMD 7900xt and using the included Display Port cable that came with the monitor. I have also went into the menu and enabled Overclock. Is my monitor just a dud and won't do 280hz, or is there something i'm mising? It does 240hz fine, windows won't show 280hz or any games.

Answers

• Use a DP1.4 to USB-C cable as it will work, DP is the only way to get it working and not HDMI. But also, good luck on getting 280Hz as mostly it won't work, be happy with 240Hz..

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

As its the "overclock" you need to enable overclock on the OSD (sounds like you have allready) then create a custom Res ( https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-032 ) , 280hz may work, but id start at 270ish and work up bit by bit incase it doesnt!

• DOoMeR

I've actually found a weird issue trying to create custom resolutions. Even if i only try 240hz, it won't allow it. it gives a yellow ! and say to fix the error. So, yeah can't make one with 280z either.

• Trendz
    Trendz Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the exact same issue. When I press Overclock in the settings it stays at 240Hz. I have the XTX.

• DOoMeR

yeah still haven't gotten 280hz working. pretty *****, advertised as 280hz. didnt buy it to only get 240hz from it.

• BreachReaper
    BreachReaper Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited May 2023

I had the same issue too. I thought wtf I got a lemon monitor at first. I solved the problem by going into display settings. Select the monitor that is the acer 280hz. Go down to Advanced display options and from the drop down I was able to select 280hz and then the game ( Black ops 4) I was able to select 280hz and wow the game plays better than any game I have ever played before so fast and smooth like a knife through warm butter. I was able to get 280 hz using the included display port cable and enabling overclock in the monitor menu settings. It works great at 280 hz better than my 240 hz monitor…. just got to enable within windows…….. im running the AMD RX 6750xt 12gb MSI Mech Edition Ryzen 5600x

• BreachReaper

check your windows display setting advanced display settings hertz drop down menu.

• BreachReaper

check your windows display setting advanced display settings hertz drop down menu.

• BreachReaper