Aspire C27-962 monitor Graphics card not getting detected

byenleano
byenleano Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello,

I have an Aspire C27-962 monitor and for the past week or so, the NVIDIA MX130 graphics card has not been detected. It used to work fine but after a few blue screens of death saying "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL ERROR", the MX130 display adapter completely disappeared. It is no longer in display adapters in device manager with or without the "show hidden devices" option. I've had a similar problem in the past but I was able to fix it just by uninstalling the MX130 in device manager and installing a new one, however when I uninstalled it last week and tried to install a new one, I got a warning saying that NVIDIA is not compatible with my device as it cannot detect any NVIDIA gpu even though when I bought this monitor it came with the MX130 and everything. I tried to download the graphics driver through GeForce experience but it will also not open as it says it cannot detect any NVIDIA gpu. I've restarted my computer many times thinking it would re appear after a while but all it shows in display adapters is the Intel(R) UHD Graphics.

Manually downloading the recent graphics driver will no longer let me as it doesnt detect my nvidia gpu and says my device is not compatible on downloading it. My Nvidia control panel is also not showing up. My computer still has the Nvidia Programs from when I bought it(PhysX and FrameView SDK 1.3.8107.317.82123) but everything else is gone. Even trying to add legacy hardware through device manager will not let me select a Nvidia display adapter like it used to. There is no longer a nvidia option, rather it is just the basic microsoft one and the Intel ones. I've also tried searching up tutorials online, however none of them have worked. I have contacted NVIDIA about this and this is what they said:

"Thank you for the update.

I checked the report and was not able to locate the graphics card.

We wouldn’t be able to install the graphics driver until the graphics is being detected by the OS files. I request you to please restart the laptop and enter the BIOS. Here, you need to check the status of the NVIDIA graphics card, if the graphics is being disabled then please enable it and boot the computer.

For detailed steps, please refer the technical manual of the laptop manufacturer or contact manufacture itself, as these may be varying from laptop-to-laptop manufacturer.

If the above steps still fail to detect the graphics card under device manager, then I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if that help:

1. Remove the battery (if possible), disconnect the Power Adapter (if connected).

2. Simply hold down the Power button for 2 minutes and restart the laptop. Just to be sure it’s done correctly, try it once again.

If you cannot remove the battery, let the laptop drain battery till 0% and lit is get shut off, then Simply hold down the Power button for 2 minutes and restart the laptop. Just to be sure it’s done correctly, try it once again."

I am not a very tech savvy person and when I opened the "BIOS" on my computer I didnt know what to do as it looked very complicated so I chose the safest option and came here.

My computer's details:

Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Acer

Aspire C-27-962

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz, 1201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Asmatix
    Asmatix Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, i have exactly the same problem with the same c27 962 computer. i reinstalled the motherboard drivers on the intel site and now the computer detects two graphics card drivers the intel uhd and the driver vnvidia. the problem is that the computer seems confused between the two drivers. when I connect a second screen in hdmi and I extend the display everything becomes very slow, the games lag and the youtube videos. on the other hand, if I only use the integrated monitor, only the Intel driver is used and the performance is acceptable but not optimal. I have windows 11 and the problem started this week.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

@byenleano, the MX130 is part of the motherboard so if it has failed it means a trip to Acer's repair depot. Are you still in warranty? If so open a ticket with Acer support.

@Asmatix you have a different problem, since your MX130 is detected. Please use the Ask a Question button and post your issue in a new thread. Include your full model number (C27-962-xxxx, it's on the same sticker as your serial number), what you are experiencing and what you have tried so far.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.