uefi files missing, blue screen repair pc. but new drive works fine. predator g5 793 72 au

Options
Frankieboy226
Frankieboy226 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

I just put a new drive a 2tb ssd to replace a 500gb evo which was fine, I wanted more working space on the c drive. the old drive when I tried to reinstall it, to run a few older programs, music programs, will not boot, and i got the blue screen repair your pc. I can go back to the new drive.

I want to know the quickest way to access the old drive(and use it as the main operating system again), without upsetting the new settings for the new drive. I read on mbr v. gpt, which I am stabbing at a guess to say that could be my problem, and the old drive is mbr, and the new drive is gpt? I am not a guru at all, but i can navigate through problems, however I don't want to botch the new hard drive settings, as i have loaded all the software and plugins. but if i had to i would. I read something about resetting the cmos, but again i am trying to find the least invasive way possible.

Also, is there an equivalent to the computer i am using? I bought this computer for $1195.00 new, actually 2 of them, and I have had dual xeons, dual g5 macs, and at the time i purchased this computer, I guess the new gen came out. I have not seen anything like it since... I would be happy with a 15 ir 16" monitor... one of the main advantages has been to use the 2 video ports, and run the computer screen and 2 separate monitors... with hdmi, can you daisy chain the link? or is there another computer acer has to offer that would be comparable for multiple monitor setups?? the chip is not capable of running windows 11, but i must say, this computer has stayed so relevant, i have not even blinked an eye at anything... till now... and its days may be numbered... so thanks in advance, for hopefully pointing me in the right direction. Oh yeah, we loaded these up with 1 extra 32gb ram chip, so 48 in total. I mean, I cant ask for anything more.

My son makes beats and absolutely loves his, the second of the 2 i got at the time... when I upgrade, there will be no doubt it will be acer.

Frank

Answers