A7001 B3-A40 stuck on 'Acer POWERED BY android' screen

ShakaD
ShakaD Member Posts: 1 New User
  • I've tried numerous reboots on this, and also tried to attempt OS re-installing using the following:
  • 'Press and hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button. -or- Press and hold the Volume Down button (closest to Power) then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button. When the tablet vibrates again, release the Volume Down button then press and hold the Volume Up button.Once the Power key white LED lights up, release the Power key but still hold the Volume Up key.'.
  • None of these instructions seems to get the table onto the main recovery screen menu. When the problem first occurred, I tried the Vol up and power button to see the boot menu, and with the volume button I chose the 'reboot system now' option and now nothing happened. Instead all I get is a screen stuck on 'Acer POWERED BY android' screen. I've re-tried the above instruction with or without the SD image file thinking it will read the SD card of reboot as it would likely to read on a PC, but NO, NOTHING! It's really annoying and I can't get the tablet started again.
  • Please help!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Likely the drive has failed. :( It's soldered to the MB, so not really replaceable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.