Chromebook CB317-1H-C994 I lost the "Select All" on the right click menu of mouse for Chromebook?

BlueJean33756
BlueJean33756 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Chromebooks

I have had Acer Chromebook x 5 months, and a week ago, when I right click on my mouse,------------- the "Select All" button is NOT highlighted BUT THIS IS ONLY ON THE ADDRESS BAR...

When using address bar-----------i can not use "select all" any more. Odd. I can usually still get "select all" to show up in Other areas of pages, just not in address bar.

( I have disable the scroll pad at front of the keyboard the week I got this laptop, because I hate those and I have that turned off, I just prefer using this wireless mouse instead.)

CB317-1H Model Name: CB317-1H-C994 | Part Number: NX.AQ2AA.001 

Any ideas? THANK YOU

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@BlueJean33756,

In order to Select content in address bar try pressing Ctrl + L or Alt + D.

As a work around, please check whether your Chrome OS is up to date. To do that;

1. Turn on your Chromebook.
    2. Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
    3. At the bottom right, select the time. ...
    4. At the bottom left, select About ChromeOS.
    5. Under "Google ChromeOS," find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
    6. Select Check for updates.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• BlueJean33756
    BlueJean33756 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thank you so much for effort, but that did not solve my problem, my laptop IS up-to-date, still, I can not get "select all" to be useable on the right click of the address bar..