Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error on my acer aspire 7 A715-75G

Options
naveens
naveens Member Posts: 2 New User

when ever i use laptop after an hour (blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR or force stop), Then nvidia graphics driver is not available(in device manager), then I restart my laptop Nvidia driver comes back .

I had -

- reinstalling the graphics driver from acer.

- removed the graphics driver using ddu in safe mode and reinstalling the latest one while windows update is paused and windows defender is disabled.

- updating drivers from Nvidia.

- formatting the windows.(removed all my files and did a fresh install like a new laptop) i tried to do all stuffs

Drivers, Bios and Windows is up-to-date.

THEN ALSO MY PROBLEM PERSISTS.

laptop model: acer aspire 7 A715-75G

Specs -

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz  2.40 GHz

Gtx 1650 4gb gddr6

8gb ram

512gb ssd

Windows 11 home 22H2

Os build 22621.963

Answers

• xperamis
    xperamis Member Posts: 87 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

The BugCheck was 113 which is very often a hardware error with the video device,

BugCheck 113, {10, ffffda8832253c20, 9, 2}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_DISPLAY::DdiSetVidPnSourceAddressWithMultiPlaneOverlay3+26b )

dxgkrnl.sys is a Windows component which means something else drove it into Fault.

Further detailed analysis indicated :

fffff805`2466ead8 00000000`00000060 : atikmdag dated 4/01/202 ATI video drivers.

A. Are you over-clocking anything? If so STOP! OC can not only cause BSOD it can make troubleshooting virtually impossible.

B. Have you installed any performance or OC software such as MSI Afterburner? Those change system settings during installation which are still in effect even when the program is not running. Even iCUE or other RGB hardware and/or software may be involved.

C. After both A. & B. reset the BIOS back to the system/motherboard maker's recommendations

D. Be sure the SSD's have the latest firmware from their makers.

E. Try adding a fan blowing on high onto the motherboard's CPU & GPU areas. The point is to increase airflow to maximize heat dissipation. <-- Please do this no matter how much cooling you have now.

Click on 'Yes' for the question on bottom , if youre happy with my answer❤️

• Nandha454
    Nandha454 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am also facing the similar issue. Also had the same laptop configuration.

Specs -
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 

Gtx 1650 4gb gddr6

8gb Ram

512gb ssd

Windows 11 home 22H2

The system gets hang after an hour of usage and blue screen appears with below listed anyone error code and restarts the system.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

After system restarts, I identified the Nvidia Graphics Adaptor was not showing in Task Manager and Device Manager. When I try to open the Nvidia Control panel, It shows An NVIDIA graphics card was not detected in your system.

This issue I am facing since two years back. I also given the laptop to service center for repair and they reported no issue. But I am facing this everyday.

The service center personnel accusing Windows 11 OS as a reason for FATAL Error. But I am not convinced Since in acer website listed as the laptop is compatible for windows 11. Also Acer branded the laptop windows 11 upgradable.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,628 Trailblazer
    Options

You can try to work with Base Video (GTX 1650 turned off) for an hour and see if the BSOD happens in Safe Mode: Boot to Safe Mode, open MSconfig.exe and in the Boot Tab click Safe Mode and also Base Video, Click on Apply at the bottom and reboot.

If no BSOD with Base Video it confirms your GPU adapter or driver is the problem. Uninstall the NVidia drivers with DDU (from Wagnardsoft.com) in Safe Mode, make sure you stay connected to the internet and reboot, Windows11 will install the latest GPU driver.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,948 Guru
    edited July 2023
    Options

In addition to following our colleague's guidelines, also check that this problem isn't occurring due to excessive temperature. And this may be triggering the thermal protection mechanism of your GPU.

• aksh_jswl
    aksh_jswl Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

Hey,
    did you get any permanent fix to your problem, I'm facing the same issue in my Aspire A715-76G

• aksh_jswl
    aksh_jswl Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

Hey @naveens & @Nandha454 , can you update if you've found a solution.