Acer Aspire 5 A515-56-32DK what kind of ssd I can upgrade in my laptop

DevonJohnson1193
DevonJohnson1193 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I bought a acer aspire 5 a515-56-32DK, I'm trying to figure out what kind of ssd I can upgrade. The site online only had the a515-56 not the a515-56-32DK. Do they take the same or no? I was able to figure out and replace the ram, want to add internal memory ssd now thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Looks like there is a Sata bay and an NVME drive slot to use :) looks like both take the same, even the servie guides are the same!

• DevonJohnson1193
    DevonJohnson1193 Member Posts: 2 New User

It says there is a nvme kingston om8pdp3128b-aa1in my computer so that's the nvme spot filled right? So I'd have to put a sata bay in it for memory? Please lmk thanks

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

Yes, both laptops are the same and they take the following M.2 SSD drives at PCIe Gen.3x4 that Acer fits, you can also fit the top PCIe 3x4 WD SN750 or the Samsung 970 EVO Plus too as they are excellent drives. Below is the list of all SSD M.2 drives and I've included the ram specs too, good luck and hope this helps you out.:

Btw this is the memory spec for this laptop too, for your information as this laptop would be greatly assited with more ram:

• dedactor
    dedactor Member Posts: 1 New User

This list of memories attention are from Acer, I tell you that I enter the command prompt cmd and place the commands wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices and it appears to me that it has available for 64 gb in two slots. That's why it strikes me that I limit to 20gb in my case that came with 4 GB of ram