I'm looking to update my RAM from a 16gb to a 64gb

Options
AyofromAbove2022
AyofromAbove2022 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm looking to update my RAM from a 16gb to a 64gb; however, I don't see a 64gb RAM for Acer Predator Triton 300 SE. Is this laptop only able to take a 32gb RAM or am I simply not searching right?

Answers

• AyofromAbove2022
    AyofromAbove2022 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I contacted and I was informed it would be this one: 260-pin DDR4 3200 MT/S 1.2V SODIMM card but I was also told, my model can only go as high as 24gb.

• KanagawaTomasu
    KanagawaTomasu Member Posts: 152 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

I think that most Acer Predator Helios laptops will upgrade to 32 GB of RAM.

The Crucial System Scan download may tell you that you can install 64 GB, but ACER states that the Predator can be upgraded to 32 GB of RAM.

I have 32 GB of DDR4 3200 RAM in my laptop.

You should match the Specs of the RAM that came in your laptop.

CPU-Z will show the details, if you don't know them.

Two matching sticks (Dimms) of RAM will give you Dual Channel, a performance boost.

Good luck.

Let us know what you decide.

• StevenGen
    Options

Just in addition, as matching your existing ram specs fitted is a good way to give you an indication of the ram suitable for your laptop, also look at the cpu specs as that will also tell you the ram specs also, the best is to upgrade into dual channel but, the latest 9th. 10th 11th and 12th Gen Predator Triton 300 SEs do run 64GB (2x 32GB DDR4-3200MHz), for more precise ram max capacity, you need to tell us the exact model number, it should be like for the LED 15.6” PH315-xx for the or PH717-71 or the LED 17.3” are 317-xx, so its important to know what model you have.