Acer one 14 Z2-493 Windows Drivers - Where to download

Options
ace789
ace789 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi,

I refer to this model Acer One 14 Z2-493 which is available in India on various e-com shopping sites and offline retail stores.

However upon visiting Support Page on Acer India website to download drivers for Windows 10 or 11, this model number does not come up in the drop down list.

See the attached screenshot.

I tried to contact acer tech support but they could not provide any meaningful answer to my query.

Are drivers for Windows 10 / 11 available for this model to download simply by entering the model number on Support section of Acer website?

Note - I have not yet purchased this product. So I don't have any serial number. I thought just like any other vendor simply entering model number in search box should be enough to see all drivers.

I also checked Acer US website just in case (by using VPN) but the model also does not come up there in drop down.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• ace789

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I conclude that Acer is a third-class third grade company that does not even care for their customers.

It's prudent on my part to stay away from Acer products.

I wish bad fortune to Acer in years to come.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

It doesnt look like there is, ive looked up an example SNID and nothing comes back for it, i just get ageneric error back.

It could be that there are no specific drivers for the lappy?

• ace789

Tinkerer

Options

@Leostat

Thanks for your reply. I am not too sure what is SNID is it same as Serial Number. Since this is more of pre-sales I don't have any SNID or ser number.

The example SNID you used, was it for the same model?

How could Acer release a product in market without official driver downloads? Does it release drivers later if this is a new model just in case?

I prefer to download official set and archive it with me so that in future if I do a clean install, I have better drivers with me.

• LionPlayz
    LionPlayz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

a example is: 02701408776

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Aye same model, tried both a serial number and a SNID from a couple of youtube videos. It is a tad odd, but if its a cheap model i guess its cost saving. You can create a system image when you get the laptop though which could give you a back up of the drivers in it

• ace789

Tinkerer

Options

Hmm taking hint from your post, I as well searched for it on Youtube and noticed ser number and snid in one video.

Then I suspect acer might not have separate drivers for this model. It relies on what it provided to Microsoft and Win 10/11 default drivers which does not sound like a good option. In India it costs about 25K INR which is roughly about 304 USD, so it's kind of low-end model for sure.

Nevertheless I need to make a call now to buy it or not. Thanks again for your help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer doesn't show anything at all for that model on their India website. I wonder if it was a model created for a specific vendor, who then dumped them into the secondary market, and never sold by Acer directly? I know they have made that type of deal with vendors in the US and UK...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ace789

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,

I was following up with Acer support in India to see if they have anything useful to comment on this query just in case.

This is what they replied. See the screenshot of the email response. I am stunned, really cannot comment what kind of support is this.

• billsey
    Options

So their first level support doesn't even check, they just have a formula for the response...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ace789

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

I conclude that Acer is a third-class third grade company that does not even care for their customers.

It's prudent on my part to stay away from Acer products.

I wish bad fortune to Acer in years to come.

• billsey
    Options

If the model is one that was done as a custom for a vendor, the vendor is supposed to provide all support, hence Acer wouldn't have support pages for it and we wouldn't have access to any technical documentation for it. It's not an issue with Acer support, but with the vendor's support.

• ace789

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks @billsey for your comment. If it's OEM or made for a vendor, Acer should disclose the vendor name and relevant support site on their Acer Support website at least stating that users should contact that vendor. For example how Microsoft clearly states that for OEM Support on Windows contact the vendor from whom you bought the Windows PC. That makes sense!

For me the product comes with Acer Logo and not some random OEM or vendor logo.

The product is sold by many sellers on Amazon and no one knows where the drivers are available!

If drivers are not required and Windows 11 comes with all drivers in-box then at least it should have been mentioned as a note somewhere on Acer site.

This is what I call customer-unfriendly business model.

See my earlier posts, the acer support personnel blindly tells me to download drivers from Acer website.

Companies spend a hell on RnD but do not understand the basic customer expectations.

• billsey
    Options

I can only conclude that the vendor took the leftover units and farmed them out to third party vendors… What drivers are you specifically looking for? Microsoft Update usually handles everything needed. We don't have access to any information on that model. :(