Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 not supporting wd dashboard Interface speed

xperamis
xperamis Member Posts: 87 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

My Acer Model is , Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 , with 1650 GTX

recently i installed a WD SN850X 1 tb SSD and it's working fine.

But on the wd dashboard, my interface speed datails are not showing and it's written 'Not supported '

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Click on 'Yes' for the question on bottom , if youre happy with my answer❤️

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It's an issue with the Dashoard software, not the hardware.

It;s been reported for other PCs on the WesternDigital community.

Likely related to Intel's RST & VMD (rapid storage & volume management technology) used on many new Windows PCs these days. Intel claims RST and VMD technology offers slightly faster drive performance than standard AHCI (advanced host ontroller interface) . But it causes issues with software designed for the standard AHCI technology and operating systems like Linux.

I find Intel's speed claims as hardly noticeable. At any rate, you should use a more up-to-date drive test tool like CrystalDiskInfo freeware than the WD Dashboard tool for a better evaluation of drive speed parameters inside the Windows if you want to keep the Intel drive interface setting in the BIOS instead of the standard AHCI drive interface.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It's an issue with the Dashoard software, not the hardware.

It;s been reported for other PCs on the WesternDigital community.

Likely related to Intel's RST & VMD (rapid storage & volume management technology) used on many new Windows PCs these days. Intel claims RST and VMD technology offers slightly faster drive performance than standard AHCI (advanced host ontroller interface) . But it causes issues with software designed for the standard AHCI technology and operating systems like Linux.

I find Intel's speed claims as hardly noticeable. At any rate, you should use a more up-to-date drive test tool like CrystalDiskInfo freeware than the WD Dashboard tool for a better evaluation of drive speed parameters inside the Windows if you want to keep the Intel drive interface setting in the BIOS instead of the standard AHCI drive interface.

Jack E/NJ

• xperamis
    xperamis Member Posts: 87 Fixer WiFi Icon

Crystal Diskinfo is working fine for me.

i thought of using the same dashboard provided by the company while it have better optimization.

but turns out third party softwares are better....

Click on 'Yes' for the question on bottom , if youre happy with my answer❤️