wanted to know if I can get 240hz from the HDMI Port on AN515-57

Options
xboxfan523
xboxfan523 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited April 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, I recently purchased the AN515-57 model of the Acer Nitro 5 and wanted to know if i can get 240hz from the HDMI Port (RTX 3050 Ti)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

No, the maximum supported refresh rate is 144Hz.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options

@xboxfan523 if that monitor support 240Hz over the HDMI port, this might work with your laptop. You can ask the seller or the manufacturer of that monitor. HDMI 2.0 in theory should support up to 1080P 240Hz. My 2019 Nitro 5 works with the 165Hz 1080P monitor just fine.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • xboxfan523
    edited December 2022
    Options

So the dedicated GPU can only support up to 144hz over HDMI? (This is at 1080p)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

It might support it, see

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xboxfan523
    Options

Hey everyone, I use my Asus TUF Gaming VG279QM with my laptop and 240hz works just fine, @brummyfan2 i think you meant maximum refresh rate that is tested on the Nitro 5, because 240 Hz works no problem

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,145 Trailblazer
    Options

Thanks for posting the outcome, it's good to hear that you managed to get 240Hz panel working 🙂

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,053 Trailblazer
    Options

The AN515-57 laptop has a HDMI 2.1 port and the cables can handle up to 120 Hz when using 4K resolution and 60 Hz, but when using 8K resolution it support 60Hz refresher rate. Lower resolutions like 1920z1080 or 2560×1440 can all handle up to 240 Hz when using an HDMI 2.1 cable. The resolution and refresh rate is limited by your display and not determined based on the HDMI cable. The Max Supported HDMI 2.1 Refresh Rates

Table below is for the HDMI 2.1 port and cable versions to simplify each resolution and refresh rate.