How do I get my chromebook past the initial update? It seems to be on a loop

PnW05
PnW05 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have tried a powerwash and it says its connected to the internet, but it will just not saying it is updating.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@PnW05

I understand you say "I have tried a powerwash and it says its connected to the internet, but it will just not saying it is updating"

It might be a communication issue between the chromebook and modem or router. Please check with your isp , reset the modem and then try the same steps.

To make it simple try to take the chromebook to your friend or relative house and do the same steps and try to connect to a different wifi . It will run the updates smoothly. Once it is completed then you bring the chrome back to your home and then use it with the wiif in your home.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@PnW05

If you are facing the same issue in your friend house then try the steps given below

Kindly follow the details from the link given below.  It will show you how to perform a hard reset. 

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/496-reinstall-powerwash-the-chrome-os

Once the hard reset is completed try to check whether it is working fine by connecting to wireless.   If it is not connecting to a wifi at your home please try to connect to a wifi in a different place or try to go to a hot spot and try to connect to a different wifi and check. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

It would help a lot to know which Chromebook you have. The full model number is usually on the same sticker as the serial number and there are a lot of different models out there...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.