XB271HU Did Firmware ever get a release?the missing vertical pixel line in the center of the display

Options
Presence
Presence Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Monitors

I've had so many frustrating periods with this display...the missing vertical pixel line in the center of the display, and now audio just stops working and I have to physically unplug the display to correct it. I've done lots of searching, without any useful results. I do so some people have firmware starting with 2017xxx. Hardware detail attached.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It depends on which model of XB271HU you have. does yours have a USB connection to the PC? Most Acer models need a trip to the factory for a firmware update, so they don't usually do updates.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Presence
    Presence Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

My display has a USB-B 3.0 (I suspect this is the one you are speaking of, as its a peripheral port) as well as 4 USB-A 3.0 ports.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

So it might be technically feasible to do a firmware update on your model. I doubt if Acer has released anything for it though, they only did the one firmware update a few years ago to deal with a specific issue that doesn't match anything you are asking about.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.