Chromebook Spin 311 Cannot Setup - No WiFi Networks

Options
Jackfrost10
Jackfrost10 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Chromebooks

I have a brand new Acer Chromebook Spin 311. I cannot connect to any WiFi network, and, therefore, cannot get past the second page of the setup screen.

There are no WiFi networks showing, but multiple ones are in range. I tried manually entering the WiFi information manually for my desired network, and it fails to connect saying the network is "out of range" (it's not - I'm right next to the router).

I've tried resetting the router and modem. I've set up my phone as a hotspot, but it still is not showing any networks, but I'm able to see and connect to the hotspot with other devices. I have no issues with any of my other devices finding and connecting to any of the available networks, including the desired network.

Has anyone seen the same issue and found a resolution?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Options

@Jackfrost10

Try the below step and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Since it's so new it might just be easiest to swap it back out with your vendor for one that's working. Yours might have a bad WiFi card or the antennas disconnected, but it's best to let someone else deal with that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.