Ref PO3-640-UR11 – where can I get a case manual?

LJC_202212
LJC_202212 Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

I've been unable to identify the case's form factor or part number. A case manual would be useful to understand layout, form factor, dimensions, realm of the possible for upgrades, how to clean such things as the front fan, etc.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

We can't give you the detailed service guide for this desktop, so I've given you all the appropriate things that you might need. The PO3-640 has an Acer proprietary size Intel® B660 Chipset motherboard size and it does not comply to any standards, If you want to get the "form factor, dimensions, realm of the possible for upgrades" then you have to physically measure your spaces that you have inside for whatever upgrades you want to do.

For a gpu the PO3-640 already comes with either a top performing gpu like the GeForce RTX-3070.8GB GDDR6 or the less spec GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER.6GB which all operate on this desktops OEM PSU 500W, if you want to upgrade any of these components especially the gpu to lets say a higher spec RTX-3090Ti then you will have to upgrade the PSU to a suitable power of whatever your new gpu needs, as both the GTX-1660 and the RTX-3070 gpus fitted to the PO3-640 operate on a 500W PSU. .

For upgrading the cpu cooling system, the most proven and best upgrade option is to the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black, as that fits into this desktops spaces and most community member have used this cpu cooler for this desktop.

With the ram upgrades, these are the OEM Acer specs and modules for your desktop, so use and fit the ram modules as listed below and arranged as per diagram in the PO3-640s manual, that you should have downloaded from the PO3-640s Acer Drivers & Manuals site, also you can do a Crucial System Scan that will give you other upgrades idea and specs for every budget and memory combinations for every performance/budget for this desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out, if you have any other problems and/or questions don't hesitate to ask.

PO3-640 motherboard and all its connections detailed descriptions

Acer PO3-640 RAM specs and modules:

Front Panel pin details and all power pin connections

Front and Rear Case fan are both a 92mm type fan, also as certain community member have done, see if you can add another fan to the front panel as there is space for one there if you remove certain components and make room for an additional fan.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

We can't give you the detailed service guide for this desktop, so I've given you all the appropriate things that you might need. The PO3-640 has an Acer proprietary size Intel® B660 Chipset motherboard size and it does not comply to any standards, If you want to get the "form factor, dimensions, realm of the possible for upgrades" then you have to physically measure your spaces that you have inside for whatever upgrades you want to do.

For a gpu the PO3-640 already comes with either a top performing gpu like the GeForce RTX-3070.8GB GDDR6 or the less spec GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER.6GB which all operate on this desktops OEM PSU 500W, if you want to upgrade any of these components especially the gpu to lets say a higher spec RTX-3090Ti then you will have to upgrade the PSU to a suitable power of whatever your new gpu needs, as both the GTX-1660 and the RTX-3070 gpus fitted to the PO3-640 operate on a 500W PSU. .

For upgrading the cpu cooling system, the most proven and best upgrade option is to the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black, as that fits into this desktops spaces and most community member have used this cpu cooler for this desktop.

With the ram upgrades, these are the OEM Acer specs and modules for your desktop, so use and fit the ram modules as listed below and arranged as per diagram in the PO3-640s manual, that you should have downloaded from the PO3-640s Acer Drivers & Manuals site, also you can do a Crucial System Scan that will give you other upgrades idea and specs for every budget and memory combinations for every performance/budget for this desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out, if you have any other problems and/or questions don't hesitate to ask.

PO3-640 motherboard and all its connections detailed descriptions

Acer PO3-640 RAM specs and modules:

Front Panel pin details and all power pin connections

Front and Rear Case fan are both a 92mm type fan, also as certain community member have done, see if you can add another fan to the front panel as there is space for one there if you remove certain components and make room for an additional fan.

• LJC_202212
    LJC_202212 Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

Thank you for the speedy reply. This is much better than what I've been able to scrape together so far - and all in one place. This is not a substitute for a complete, detailed, official User's Manual, but you've done a dang good job putting this together in your response - much appreciated.

I'm curious, you said, "we can't give you. . . " - are you an Acer employee (customer support or help-line technician) or a community forum member?

• @LJC_202212

I am really sorry for any inconvenience.

Kindly go through the details from link given below. You can download the user manual and use it. The info on the user manual are more limited when compared to service manual but it will be very helpfull.

After clicking on the link go to documents you can find the user manual and Quick starter guide which is designed for your computer. You can download and use it for your reference.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Predator%20PO3-640&filter=global_download&suggest=PO3-640;1

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

Some community forum members (Acer Aces and Allies) are allowed to access the Service Guides and post snippets from them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.