Power button shot .. need help on pin location

Waylon
Waylon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

My sons nitro 5 has lost all keyboard funtion slowly ending with the power button .. no option was set.. im not to good with computers but I'm a skilled tradesman .. im assuming the button itself can be bypassed thru manual pin connection.. does any1 know the location of harness and what pins need crossed ?

Answers

• Waylon

This is what she looks like open

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,812 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

What's the model number of your son's Nitro 5 laptop, it should be AN515-xx as the Nitro 5 laptops only have a power on/off key on the keyboard as its very dangerous to short the +/- pins to turn this laptop on and off and continue doing that as a means of turning this laptop on and off. If the keyboard is faulty it needs to be replaced and changed, there is no magic way of getting keyboards to work, especially if their keys are faulty as the individual keys need replacing which replacement keys are very hard to find and the easiest way is to replace the whole keyboard.

Get a new keyboard for this laptop on eBay or Amazon and change the keyboard, don't touch and/or do anything to this laptop as you will ruin it and could short components out and destroy the motherboard that will cost you 20 times more than a keyboard and will be unfeasible to fix or change the motherboard as the cost of the Nitro 5 motherboards are tremendously high, don't take the risk.

Seeing that you have taken the back cover off, next disconnect the main battery as the easiest way is to take the top cover off and take the keyboard out, then look under the keyboard for a part number and look that up on eBay or Amazon and get a replacement keyboard, as its allot cheaper and quicker to fix a keyboard problem as your keyboard has damaged keys. 

• Waylon

Hey thanks for the response .. I 100% understand the expenses of the unit .. and agree a keyboard replacement is the answer .. my 11yr old gamer had some key issues early along with a battery replacement.. the battery issue was fixable quickly .. and he had added a secondary keyboard .. and from my understanding had been not shutting it down ? And awaken with keys .. this is not my thing and the wife had been dealing with this .. now the unit has been turned off and has no means to restart without that keyboard .. I was just thinking we could get it running, then assign a different way to turn on ? When opened or from a 2nd keyboard