Display lag or system lag is there a way to fix this issue permanently

DeltaY
DeltaY Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Acer Software

so most of the time I wake up my laptop from sleep mode or disconnect if from a hdmi display it starts lagging the only temporary fix I found was a reset but it keeps happening had this laptop for not even half a year, is there a way to fix this issue permanently or so that it doesn't happen for at least a while

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer

What is the laptops model number, and did you buy this laptop brand new? As and if this laptop is under Acer warranty, then I would suggest that you consult Acer Support and get this laptop fixed under warranty and not try and do anything yourself. You could do a hard reset by disconnecting the main battery and bios batteries and take the ram out and leaving them disconnected for about 15min and reconnect everything and rebooting the laptop as that should fix your issue, but if that doesn't fix your issue, then definitely take your laptop to Acer for them to fix your laptop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,365 Trailblazer

The full model number is usually on the same sticker as the serial number. Do you mean a lag when web browsing or with a specific app? What are you running for an OS and what antivirus are you running? Often the antivirus will try to run immediately after waking and it often causes a lot of disk access...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.