Which XB271HU which sits on my desk mount is best for me?

Options
sata67
sata67 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Monitors

I have a XB271HU monitor which sits on my desk with the stand it came with.

The problem I have is that my desk is not very wide, so I have to sit quite close to the monitor.

I know there are many types of desk mounts for this monitor (it supports VESA 100 x 100 mm I believe), but I am not sure which is suitable for me;

I want a desk mount that will keep the monitor not sticking out like it is now (without any mount), and will be glad for any recommendations.

I want the monitor to be as farther away from me as possible

Thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,731 Trailblazer
    Options

I had a similar problem. I simply used an old 2-drawer filing cabinet placed sideways behind the desk. Dual purpose. Monitor is further way. Can also use it to store important documents. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• sata67
    Options

That is a good idea! Although I would rather get a desk stand instead.

I want it to have a clean look, and also won't have access to the edge of my desk due to lack of space in my room.

I was hoping for a desk stand which I could mount and move the arm a bit backwards, but I am not sure which model to look for...

• JackE
    Options

If it was mine, I'd go with the Amazon basic. Simple small straightforward arm & elbow. Nothing fancy. Probably mount its anchor on a wall stud since I don't trust my deskop edges.

Jack E/NJ

• anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
  • sata67
    Options

Thanks for the recommendation

I just want to be sure, if I get this one, can I move the arm backwards, so the monitor itself will actually be a bit behind the desk itself?

• JackE
    Options

Of course. It can be side mounted so the elbow doesn't even touch the wall. The only thing touching the wall would be the vesa plate wrist. The only way to get closer to the wall is to actually hang the monitor on the wall or use a lag bolt to attach the vesa plate to a wall stud. Plenty of ways to do this. For less than $30 and amazon's excellent basics returns policy, I'd be ordering right now before they run out if I needed one.

Jack E/NJ