pressing the power button the monitor exits the game and returns to the desktop

PakoRabanne
PakoRabanne Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone i have this problem while playing: i would like to be able to leave the screen off while it is running in the background but the monitor won't let me; as soon as I press the power button it quits the game and takes me back to the desktop. I checked the energy saving settings and I tried to set the screen to turn off also from the PC power button.

Please help me.

Answers

• What is the model PC that you have, is it a laptop or a d desktop,. What I do if I want to leave a game, I do nothing and pause the game and let the PC go to sleep, as "able to leave the screen off while it is running in the background" in a game, the system will go to sleep and turn the screen off automatically if you have the sleep and screen off settings set appropriately, as whenever you come back to it you wiggle the mouse and the game should come back to where you left it. Try that as any time you press the power key the game will either go back to the game's settings or in your case it crashes as probably this game must not be fully compatible with your PC and that is why its happening, as there is nothing wrong with your PC if the game is playing as this symptom happens all the time. Also try to make sure that you are running the latest OS updates and drivers and graphics drivers.

• PakoRabanne
    PakoRabanne Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a desktop PC with a gtx 1080ti the game in question is destiny 2. every time i press the power button on the monitor it exits the destinty screen and takes me back to the desktop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Likely the game is seeing that it's display went away when Windows did the refresh caused by the monitor change.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.