Acer Aspire 5535-5452 repair Acer to arrange sending my laptop in to them for repairs?

KitMcGuire
KitMcGuire Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

I would like to get Acer to repair my laptop, but once I fill in the "SN/SNID" it wants a Verification code and I have NO idea what that is. Is there any easy way to get in touch with a tech at Acer to arrange sending my laptop in to them for repairs?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer

Your Aspire 5535-5452 is a very old laptop and Acer does not keep SN/SNID on it, its obsolete. Best is to contact Acer directly and ask support if they have parts and/or will repair this old laptop, also its best to get a local experienced technician that might have parts for this laptop and can fix your laptop also.

Otherwise, its useless sending your laptop to either Acer or an independent technician. What is wrong with your Aspire 5535-5452 laptop, as maybe we can assist you with the best way and steps you should take to fix this laptop, also its much better to look for parts online as I'm sure that Ace will not have any parts for this old laptop in stock.

• KitMcGuire

I bought it online, obviously used and knew it would need a new battery and AC adapter which I did. No sending it back since it was sold as-is. When I start it up with the new fully charged battery and new AC adapter the green power light comes on as well as the green HDD light. I hear the DVD drive ramp up during the start process. The green HDD never flickers at all. I took the HDD out and tested it to see if it did in fact work, etc. It does seem wo work. There is data on it and a Windows OS (no idea what version). The screen remains black and doesn't change. I tried an external monitor but that is black as well. Hate to trash it and endup with a new battery, AC adapter and 130GB sata HDD. If it's going to cost more than it's worth then I'll need to find a buyer for the new parts at least.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Yes, unfortunately Acer isn't going to offer a repair for that old of a model, they would have stopped stocking parts for it many years ago. IIRC that model was released for Christmas 2009, so is 13 years old now... You can open it up to see if there is a cabling issue between the MB and display, but the lack of output to the external display suggests the problem is deeper than that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KitMcGuire

I appreciate the replies given here to my Acer issue. I even watched YouTube videos and tried the fan/heatsink trick with cleaning a reapplying heatsink paste and that didn't work. Everything is all intact and plugged in. Considering everything, I tossed the unit but kept the ram, Atheros WiFi card, battery and AC adapter. Maybe I can recoup some of the loss putting the salvaged parts on eBay. Thanks to you all!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, too bad the seller offered it as is. They probably knew ahead of time it was only useful for parts. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.