How to upgrade my Intel HD Graphics 530 Driver on Acer Aspire V15 from last update of 2016

Options
SCB
SCB Member Posts: 3 New User

I was given a message by PhotoShop that my driver was obsolete and I needed to upgrade to version 100.8476 or later or I would have stability problems - which I do. Intel tells me Acer needs to update the driver. When I check Acer/Device Manager the download option I am given is older than the current version (from 2016) which I am running (21.20.16.4534). Don't know where to go from here!

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Which exact Aspire laptop do you have, as and if you have the V3-575G then this laptop also has a NVidia gpu that you should also update to the last driver. First Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan of your Aspire V15 as this software will update the HD530 graphics and all Intel drivers to their last and most current, as your laptops Intel drivers are way out of date and the new Intel drivers will benefit and make this laptop perform much more, don't worry about OEM drivers only as the Intel updated drivers work 100% and I've been using them for years without any problems.

• SCB
    Options

Thank you StephanGen. I have the V5-591G-75KE and do have NVidia as well which was last updated in Sept 2021. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant had this message on the Intel HD Graphics 530 “A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Acer for the latest driver for your computer. “ So then when I checked with Acer I got the old driver as the latest one! Do you have the number of the latest Intel HD530 driver that I should try to install?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

When Intel gives you that message, they have a way to tell it to ignore it and install anyway. That's what you need to do. You can manually download the latest from Intel's site.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SCB
    Options

Thank you Billsey a really good thought but another dead end. I was able to download the latest driver from Intel but when I tried to install it I received an error message “ Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer specifications. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website”. Frustrating- I’m afraid I’ll have to buy a new laptop.