Are my turbo fans behaving normally Predator PH315-55?

Options
Andrew_82
Andrew_82 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops

I got a Predator PH315-55 this week and I was testing it out. I decided to try out the turbo mode and noticed that the fans behave oddly in that mode. I’m not sure if this is normal or not.

Basically in turbo mode the fans are not constant. The GPU fan (one on the left) will spin fast, slow, fast,slow in quick succession. At this point the CPU fan won’t be spinning at all according to predator sense. Then the GPU one will stop and the CPU one will kick in for about 5 seconds and appears to spin normally. Then it will switch back to the GPU fan which spins fast, slow, fast, slow again.

can anyone relate?

Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

I'd suggest you to apply for a refund/replacement, as one should not get such issues right out-of-the-box.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Andrew_82
    Andrew_82 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This is the thing. I’m not sure if it’s an issue or normal behaviour. In default it’s fine. After playing around with custom fan settings it seems that both fans can hit their max speed of 6818 individually. However, with both running they won’t both run at full speed. The gpu one with run on its own with the pulsating fast slow behaviour and the cpu one will stop. Then it will switch to the cou one for 5 to 10 secs and then back to the gpu one. I thought perhaps it could be a power thing seeing as they both work fine individually. Or maybe a software problem. I did uninstall and reinstall predator sense as Weill as reset the bios but both had no effect. I will be speaking to Acer anyway but was curious as to whether other helios 300 2022 model owners had the same thing.