What Processor can I upgrade too Predator PO3-640?some program hitting 100% usage on CPU

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

There are issues with trying to upgrade to a K processor. I don't believe the BIOS exposes any of the K features, so it would run as if it were the non-K version. Not worth spending the extra money.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ratta
    ratta Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

ok understand but, I also want to upgrade from 8x2 16gb to 8x4 32gb and wonder which ram I could buy?

• billsey
    Options

Just get 3200MHz JEDEC profile memory, which is pretty much any DDR4 memory that doesn't call out as XMP. It will likely be called PC4-25600.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Quick420
    Quick420 Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

When I purchased my PO3-640 someone had taken out the 12700 and replaced it with a 12100 cpu.I just purchased a 13400 cpu and am going to give it a go and see if it will post.I sure hope it does.I am on the hunt for a bios that would ensure success before I do finally try the swap.I sure hope it works,or I will just trade it online with someone who has a 12400 or 12700 and would do a straight up trade.Anybody have a link for a bios that would 100% enable the cpu upgrade? I am going to contact acer tomorrow to see what I can get from them.

• billsey
    Options

It shouldn't work, they used a different motherboard for the 13th gen systems.

• ratta

Tinkerer

Options
  • billsey
    Options

The page for that memory says "XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) 2.0", so likely not unless all memory in the system is also XMP and your BIOS has XMP overclocking available.

• ratta

Tinkerer

Options

so shall I buy?

• billsey
    Options

Only if yu8 are going to change all the memory in the system, as opposed to just putting more memory in. If you are just adding memory to the existing, get the non-XMP version, like is in there now. You will get more speed with XMP, but only if all memory is XMP.

• Aludirces
    Aludirces Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

so I have the same pc, Orion 3000 p03-640 i5 12400f, 3060ti

wanting to upgrade the CPU, I’ve only really seen people upgrading the cpu from i5 12400f to the i7 12400f, I think. Can I upgrade to the i7 12400f? I don’t think the motherboard supports i9 12400f?

• billsey
    Options

The i7 model number is i7-12700F, the i9 is i9-12900F. The F designation just means the GPU built into the CPU isn't enabled and it's not needed on your system because the motherboard doesn't have provisions for that to be brought out. You should be able to use any of those as long as the TDP is the same. You can also use the non-F versions, they will just cost a little more. We typically don't recommend a CPU upgrade though, it seldom gives enough improvement to justify the cost.

• PBLDK
    PBLDK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

So did it run with the 12100F? Meaning all the options a 12100, 12400 and 12700, with and without F? I have bought a N50-640 without CPU (it was born with a 12400F), so looking for what my options are.

• billsey
    Options

With and without F will make no difference in these motherboards. The motherboard doesn't have the circuitry on it to bring the video out from a non-F CPU, so those will act the same as an F will. If your Nitro came with a 12400F CPU originally it will work with the i3-12100F, i5-12400F or i7-12700F and may work with an i9-12900F as well.