AN515-57-536Q does not turn on, but keyboards lights up.

ParsaMah
ParsaMah Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I have this constant problem that when I turn on my laptop, it just doesn't turn on!! The keyboard lights up even the ON LED and fans start working but nothing on LCD or HDMI, like it never goes past the bios. I have to hold the power button to turn off my acer (The ON LED and keyboard's light plus fans) then start it again; Sometimes I have to do this multiple times! There was no pinhole, so I opened up my unit then removed CMOS and battery and held power button for 30 sec then reconnect. it worked but after next shut down again the same! I updated every Driver even Nvidia and windows and BIOS. IDK if this unit is broken and needs a return or something or if this is a common problem! I saw many people with the same problem! Is this related to 11th Gen Intel? I used windows Memory diagnostics and no errors. and it's even FUNNY that when this happens and I have to hold the power button to turn off the start again every change i made in Nitro Sense and Acer Care Center is just reset :D, I mean WHAT THE HELL is wrong with this laptop???

also have this weird problem with my charging brick that when I connect to a wall plug it has a loud spark with a clear light coming out of plug! Is this normal???

Unit is AN515-57-536Q

[Edited the thread to add the Title ]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Is this laptop under Acer 12 months warranty? If it is then don't do anything else to your laptop and send it to Acer Support as it needs a new motherboard, as this laptop either has a faulty/frozen Super IO chip and a frozen bios chip which these chips control the functions that you are having problems with and are faulty and need replacing and reprograming but Acer will not do that as they will just replace the motherboard.

If your laptop is out of warranty, then you need to take your laptop to an experienced technician that has all the diagnostic tools and micro soldering tools and can get a new Super IO and bios chip and reprogram a Super IO chip, to make your laptop work 100% and/or do other diagnostics of other things that could be wrong with your laptop. A hard reset like you have done, is about all a user can do as these laptops are complex and need an expert technician to diagnose and fix.

For proper repairs if your laptop is not under warranty (and you don't want to buy a new motherboard) consult these expert technicians that will fix your motherboard (see their channels on YouTube) and get into contact with either Alex at NorthbridgeFix who's an expert and one of the best fixers around and he's in Northridge, CA USA or contact Sorin who specializes in Super IO and bios chip replacement and programing and his web site is Sorin Electronics who is in the UK in the London area, as both of these guys will fix your motherboard perfectly and for minimal costs. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Is this laptop under Acer 12 months warranty? If it is then don't do anything else to your laptop and send it to Acer Support as it needs a new motherboard, as this laptop either has a faulty/frozen Super IO chip and a frozen bios chip which these chips control the functions that you are having problems with and are faulty and need replacing and reprograming but Acer will not do that as they will just replace the motherboard.

If your laptop is out of warranty, then you need to take your laptop to an experienced technician that has all the diagnostic tools and micro soldering tools and can get a new Super IO and bios chip and reprogram a Super IO chip, to make your laptop work 100% and/or do other diagnostics of other things that could be wrong with your laptop. A hard reset like you have done, is about all a user can do as these laptops are complex and need an expert technician to diagnose and fix.

For proper repairs if your laptop is not under warranty (and you don't want to buy a new motherboard) consult these expert technicians that will fix your motherboard (see their channels on YouTube) and get into contact with either Alex at NorthbridgeFix who's an expert and one of the best fixers around and he's in Northridge, CA USA or contact Sorin who specializes in Super IO and bios chip replacement and programing and his web site is Sorin Electronics who is in the UK in the London area, as both of these guys will fix your motherboard perfectly and for minimal costs.