Black screen on insyde software firmware update an515 57 534e

Options
Andrew_Sn
Andrew_Sn Member Posts: 146 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone! I have acer nitro 5 an515 57 534e i5 11400h rtx 3050ti. I was updating the bios and during the bios install my laptop screen went black, the fans turned off but the keyboard was on fire. Nothing happened, only the keyboard was on fire. I did a forced shutdown with the power button, and my laptop is working fine and bios update installed successfully. Why does this happen? Is there any danger. This has happened to me twice already. Updated bios via windows update. I now have the latest bios version 5.43.1.19, which installed with a black screen, but everything seems to be fine.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

You never update any firmware vbios or bios through Windows Update even if it says that there is an "Insyde bios available" as it will brick your laptop, you are very lucky that and from what you are saying that " I was updating the bios and during the bios install my laptop screen went black, the fans turned off but the keyboard was on fire"? what do you mean "my keyboard was on fire"? As if the keyboard is burned then it won't work, give us more details.

A bios update should only be done from bios files that are available on the Drivers & Manuals BIOS/Firmware section for the AN515-57 and a bios update should only be done if your laptop exhibits any of the tilted bios update faults that a version fixes e.g. the last bios update for the AN515-57 is the Version:1.19 tilted 1. Update Capsule flashing priority to fix recovery fail. dated: 2022/11/10. Where did you get the bios version 5.43.1.19 from? As its last digits are 1.19 but the rest is alien and your System Info should not have 5.43.1.19 but version 1.19, where did you get the version bios 5.43.1.19 from?

When doing a bios update always do this:

1. Only use the Acer official version bios updates and update bios only to what the tilte fixes and your laptop has those problems
    2. Make sure that the laptop is on mains power only and NOT on battery power
    3. Make sure that your OS has no chance of crashing into a BSOD error and or there is a power blackout
    4. Disable all 3rd party anti-virus, malware and all background software(s) that you are using

If you do all the above, then you will have no problems with a bios update, btw I'm using an AN515-56 which is virtually the same laptop as yours and my bios version 1.08 was installed with no problems like your v1.19 and this laptop is running Win-11 22H2 OS build 22621.900 perfectly and 100%, but I've got all the windows updates, NVidia latest drivers and Intel latest drivers all up to date and I've never ever experienced a bios update like you have and/or have had any problems with this laptop except with its Bluetooth Intel new drivers for Win-11, that Intel keeps updating and they don't work, as the only Bluetooth driver that works for my AN515-56 is the official Acer listed driver version 22.40.0.2 and on your AN515-57 you should only be running BT Intel driver Acer listed version:22.130.0.2.

This is the typical insyde bios screen that you should get and this should execute the bios update perfectly and reboot your laptop after the bios is flashed

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

You never update any firmware vbios or bios through Windows Update even if it says that there is an "Insyde bios available" as it will brick your laptop, you are very lucky that and from what you are saying that " I was updating the bios and during the bios install my laptop screen went black, the fans turned off but the keyboard was on fire"? what do you mean "my keyboard was on fire"? As if the keyboard is burned then it won't work, give us more details.

A bios update should only be done from bios files that are available on the Drivers & Manuals BIOS/Firmware section for the AN515-57 and a bios update should only be done if your laptop exhibits any of the tilted bios update faults that a version fixes e.g. the last bios update for the AN515-57 is the Version:1.19 tilted 1. Update Capsule flashing priority to fix recovery fail. dated: 2022/11/10. Where did you get the bios version 5.43.1.19 from? As its last digits are 1.19 but the rest is alien and your System Info should not have 5.43.1.19 but version 1.19, where did you get the version bios 5.43.1.19 from?

When doing a bios update always do this:

1. Only use the Acer official version bios updates and update bios only to what the tilte fixes and your laptop has those problems
    2. Make sure that the laptop is on mains power only and NOT on battery power
    3. Make sure that your OS has no chance of crashing into a BSOD error and or there is a power blackout
    4. Disable all 3rd party anti-virus, malware and all background software(s) that you are using

If you do all the above, then you will have no problems with a bios update, btw I'm using an AN515-56 which is virtually the same laptop as yours and my bios version 1.08 was installed with no problems like your v1.19 and this laptop is running Win-11 22H2 OS build 22621.900 perfectly and 100%, but I've got all the windows updates, NVidia latest drivers and Intel latest drivers all up to date and I've never ever experienced a bios update like you have and/or have had any problems with this laptop except with its Bluetooth Intel new drivers for Win-11, that Intel keeps updating and they don't work, as the only Bluetooth driver that works for my AN515-56 is the official Acer listed driver version 22.40.0.2 and on your AN515-57 you should only be running BT Intel driver Acer listed version:22.130.0.2.

This is the typical insyde bios screen that you should get and this should execute the bios update perfectly and reboot your laptop after the bios is flashed

• Andrew_Sn
    edited December 2022
    Options

It also worked from the mains during the update. Maybe it's just the setup? After all, the update is installed.

• Andrew_Sn
    Options

During the update, my keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black and the fans turned off. In Windows Update, this update was called 5.43.1.19. Now I have bios 1.19. It seems that after installation it simply turned on incorrectly or restarted. After a forced shutdown, it turned on and works fine.

• Andrew_Sn
    Options

This has already happened to me during bios update 5.43.1.18.