I have recently purchased a aspire TC-780 nselecti5 what a good upgrad in terms of CPU and GPU?

DariusBlack
DariusBlack Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what exactly"nselecti5" means and also what a good upgrade would be in terms of CPU and GPU?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

'nselecti5' (sure it's not TC-780 NEselecti5?) just defines the specific SKU which you purchased. My guess is it's an i5 based machine purchased from NewEgg? The rest of the question is pretty much the same for all of the TC-780 models. First upgrade is the drive, though the 256GB drive is nice and fast the size is a little tight. The stock drive is a SATA but the block diagram hints that you might be able to put an NVMe x2 drive instead, which would double the speed. Next is memory, yours likely has 8GB using either one 8GB DIMM or two 4GB DIMMs. Your maximum memory is 32GB using two 16GB DIMMs, use something like CPUz to see what speed they are running at now, the early models had a 6th chipset and supported 2133MHz, yours has a 7th gen so should have either 2400 or 2666MHz. Next is a GPU, which may or may not require a power supply upgrade. Something like a 1030 should work as is, anything newer or bigger will likely require more power. Look at your PSU to see if it's a 220W, 300W or 500W, then look at the GPU specs to see what can work with that power.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.