Checking network requirements then can't connect to this network Aspire V3-372-757U

keukenrol
keukenrol Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi

I have a 2016 Aspire V3-372-757U featuring the Qualcomm QCA61x4a wifi chipset. Since a few weeks I am unable to connect to my school campus wifi. But only their network is not working on my device. I have deleted the drivers, reset the network config in windows and manually installed the latest networking driver for this device (12.0.0.1259).

However, I still get the "Checking network requirements then can't connect to this network" -> I dont get the prompt to log in. When using an external USB wifi adapter it works to connect just fine. I got in contact with the IT service of the campus but they have changed nothing on their side, thus I suspect a windows / hardware / driver issue.

I now have to use a hotspot on campus, which is not ideal.

Hardware ID's: https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/qualcomm-atheros-qca61x4a-wireless-network-adapter/download/422619362/B28BE4DF5BAB4C8180D7C488C8924DB4/PCI%5CVEN_168C%26DEV_003E%26SUBSYS_080711AD%26REV_32

Best regards

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Hi! Have you checked the IP and DNS yet?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • keukenrol
    keukenrol Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes, it is all on auto. No extra static ip's have been configured. Also the adapter has been reset without change. It seems the qualcomm unit is not compatible with some wifi networks...

• Try uninstalling and deleting the wireless network card driver from device manager.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Krex
    Krex Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I meet the same issue, did you fix it?

And could you tell me how?

😭

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,601 Trailblazer

Just to assist you further, as fixing this WLAN problems is a trial and error type of thing as you might need to upgrade to other better and more modern compatible card of the specs below. Try the other cards that Acer lists for Aspire V3-372 in its service guide which has the following specs of 2.4/5GHz with BT v4.0 and are the below cards. Good luck.

WLAN Cards

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍