Spin3 SP314-53N-77AJ Wifi has disappeared, and I reinstalled windows 11, and it still does not work

Harper
Harper Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi, I have a spin 3, Model Name: SP314-53N-77AJ

I have had it for 2-3 years and it has worked great until today, I use one software on it "ThinkorSwim", that is about it.

The Wifi has disappeared, and I reinstalled windows 11, and it still does not work. Now it gets stuck at "lets connect you to a network"

if I try and by pass that, it says "Oops, we lost internet, let's try again", however, I have no LAN port (Ethernet connection)! and you cannot skip this part ( So I can install wifi drivers)

This all happened a day prior to me going to a weekend conference that requires a laptop for the class.

Can anyone help with this? I am running the latest version of windows 11.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Fire up Device Manager and show us what it's showing. If it doesn't have the WiFi device listed under Network Adapters, is there an unknown device or an issue showing under the USB sections?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Just in addition to the above, if you have an Intel Wi-Fi/BT card (as this laptop also comes with a Liteon NFA344A type Wi-Fi/BT card) then there are problems with Intel cards and Win-11 Bluetooth drivers, try to install only the Acer provided Bluetooth drivers Version 21.00.0.4 and Wi-Fi driver Version: 21.0.0.5 for Win-10 that your laptop has and don't update to the new Intel Win-11 drivers for both Wi-Fi or Bluetooth as that could be your problems(s).

Btw, I've had the same problems with Intel Bluetooth new drivers in particular in Win-11 (but not the Win-11 Wi-Fi new drivers) with my Nitro 5 AN515-56 that is operating on Win-11 22H2 OS build 22621.900, which is the latest, and has the Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160Hz type Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version 5.2 card and NO new Win-11 updated drivers work for the Bluetooth except the Acer OEM provided drivers. So take this into account and try the OEM Acer drivers for Win-10 for your laptop. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

On the other hand, I'm running the latest Intel drivers with my AX201 without issues and have been since the release of W11, including 22H2. I use the WiFi constantly and Bluetooth for audio at least daily.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.