No option to disable Virtualization in BIOS Aspire XC-895

Zootopia3000
Zootopia3000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Have a Aspire XC-895 with BIOS update R01-A3, and there is no option to disable Virtualization in BIOS. Would like to disable for better security, I have no need for Virtualization, and don't care for the Core Isolation drag that comes with it. How can you not have an option to disable in BIOS. Please update your BIOS to give people this option. I've seen others (with Google search) that have asked same, but seems like nothing but a runaround from Acer, with the same generic link as to how to turn it off, but the option is not there to begin with.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>Would like to disable for better security, I have no need for Virtualization>>>option is not there to begin with>>>

Yes. Seems to be in-vogue lately with most mfrs. Hardware virtualization & core Isolation benefits probably thought to outweigh any imagined security risks or overhead. Like a backhoe, just about everybody needs virtualization. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Zootopia3000
    Zootopia3000 Member Posts: 2 New User

Well I guess it was too much to ask of Acer. Next time I'll opt for an HP again, like our other recent new PC, at least an option to disable, thus no need for that system dragging Core Isolation to secure up Virtualization.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Actually that depends on which HP you get, their newest ones act the same way, in order to get the Intel branding...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Yes, that's simply because just about everybody who is anybody really wants 64-bit virtualization technology and a decent-size backhoe these days.

Jack E/NJ