Battery Replacement for Aspire ES1-332-P0A9

AbasiGallery
AbasiGallery Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have an old acer ES1-332-P0A9 laptop

Recently my laptop's battery needed to be replaced and I'd ordered the battery online. My previous battery was AC14B13J and I orderd the same. shopping sent me AC14B8K and claimed they are the same and can be replaced...

laptop does'nt detect the new battery and the seller says this probelem is about the laptop itself not the battery and these two models can be replaced with each other!!! I want to know if these batteries are the same and I should repair the laptop or the dishonest seller has cheated

Best Regards

Muhammad Abasi

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

>>>>AC14B13J and I orderd the same. shopping sent me AC14B8K and claimed they are the same and can be replaced...>>>

Your old battery is an 11volt. The new battery is 15v. While it should work OK in lower voltage laptops, some vendors advise against using the 15volt AC14B8K in laptops that came with an 11volt AC14B13J or AC14B3K,

Try this. Open Device Manager. Expand the batteries folder. The right click and uninstall all battery drivers you find in this folder. Then exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Then shut down Windows normally. Wait a minute or so. Then turn the machine on against and let Windows automatically re-detect new battery and re-install fresh copies of the drivers.

Jack E/NJ