My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 has 4.6gb hardware reserved my laptop is experiencing boot issues

Options
Lusho
Lusho Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I reinstall my windows using the installation media from microsoft, it installed the 22h2 version but my bios version is 1.12 which only supports 20h2. After installing, my hardware reserved is now 4.6gb (2.1gb before). I looked up if its related to the bios version and I found out that the bios version could mess with the hardware reserved and my laptop is experiencing boot issues. Can anyone here please help me with this windows issue?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Did you do a Clean Install of version 22H2, as that is the best way to reinstall Win-11 as you should only have about 750MB of a recovery partition, also, go to Search >Disk Cleanup and delete all the unnecessary files first, as that will delete all the previous OS files that you had that is taking up unnecessary space,

This is what my boot drive is portioned with a Clean Install of Win-11 22H2 and its latest OS 22621.900, so this is what you should have:

• Lusho
    Lusho Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Currently I have 1.00GB of recovery partition, is it bad to have this? and I did do a clean install but I think I forgot to remove the other partitions, do I need to remove the other partitions before installing the OS in my ssd? I've been experiencing boot up freeze whenever I shutdown or restart my laptop, is it related to the one that I was not able to remove the partitions? Thank you for your response.