Predator SE 500 PT516-51s-75QV screen and graphics issues don't seem to recognize

Memeversum
Memeversum Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hello Everybody,

My Laptop is the Version with the Intel CPU and Nvidia RTX 3070. I bought it about 7 months ago and have been treating it very carefully since (because i spent so much money on it, obviously.)

So i've got a problem with the compatibility of the integrated Monitor, drivers, the integrated graphics cards and the sleep mode & PhysiX(last two are just an assumption).

Here's an overview of the different and difficult problems i faced in the last Month:

Sometimes when i start the Laptop, the graphics cards don't seem to recognize the integrated monitor after the standard start-up Predator Logo (which appears on the Laptop Screen).

So i have to get an external one and go into the device manager. I figured out that the only thing, that seems to work, is deactivating the 3070 graphics card manually (and reactivating it later for gaming purposes.) When i do that, the PnP-Monitor works again without restarting. But as soon as i turn the 3070 back on the PnP-Monitor goes pitchblack, not even a background glow is on.

If i forget to deactivate the graphics card before shutdown, the next time when booting it's still not set back to the PnP.

In the normal settings it says that the internal monitor is deactivated for some reason and i can't find any other way to activate it but to deactivate the 3070.

When i leave my Laptop unattended for some time it goes into sleep mode (even tho i turned it off everywhere possible) and neither the intel graphics/PnP or the 3070 turn back on.

There's more similar scenarios happening, sometimes after de- and reactivating the 3070 i can use/see both monitors. But unfortunately it only works like 5% of the trials.

I've been doing countless system checks, changing settings forth and back, every possible variation and it just doesn't seem to have an end to it because it's happening quite often. I don't know what to do anymore. I calles the Acer customer support but they couldn't help me a single bit.

Reinstalling Windows is not really an option at the moment since i have important keys on it and a lot of settings and configs from work and school.

Please Help me, I'm very desperate to resolve this. I'm in my second year of my apprenticeship as an System Engineer so i tried a lot of things already.

Yes, my drivers are updated. Yes, i tried turning it off and on again. :)

Kind greetings.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Your Predator SE 500 PT516-51s-75QV laptop is still under the Acer 12 months warranty, you have done all that a user can do to fix the monitor issues and I would strongly recommend that you send your laptop to Acer Support and tell them all that you have written above, as these problems that you are having are all hardware problems that could be a damaged/faulty eDP Monitor cable and its plugs or a motherboard circuitry problem, don't open and/or check any hardware problems yourself as it will void your warranty.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Do as StevenGen said.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!