Acer Chromebook Spin 713 won't turn on. no light in response to clicking the power button

Options
Razul
Razul Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

The light is solid orange when plugged in. I have checked the power source/charging cord and it is functional. When not plugged in no light, and no light in response to clicking the power button.

I have purchased and installed a new battery. The power-button gave a single blue flash when I first plugged it in (It does this whenever I plug in or remove the battery)

I have also checked all internal connection points and can't see anything disconnected or loose.

Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot next?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Was this problem the same before you replaced the battery, as you could have purchased the wrong battery that is either not compatible or faulty (as allot of the cheap replacement eBay batteries are refurbished batteries) which could be a cause. If its not that, then this problem is very much and has to do with the USB=C AC adapter (that supplies power to the system (5/9/12/15/20 V; 45 W) or an internal Battery Connector or the last thing could be the power circuitry components of your laptop that are either faulty or shorted out and need to be diagnosed by a technician and replaced, which a user like you can't do.

• Razul
    Razul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Fair, I am working for a school division I.T department. Since the device is out of warranty we are looking for internal repair options before we turn it into a parts machine.

Prior to the battery replacement I was getting Orange flashing lights, indicating a battery problem. After replacing the battery with the correct model number, I got solid orange, indicating it was charging. After charging for sometime I now have a blue light, indicating full charge. However. the machine still won't turn on. I have ordered a new USB-C board to test to see if the power button is at fault. If it is a motherboard issue the cost becomes prohibitive.

Just checking to see if there are any other cost-effective fixes I may have missed to look into before I retire the device.