Battery does not work after computer reset how do I fix it?

rodaguJ
rodaguJ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Windows 10

My Acer Nitro 5 laptop worked fine until I reset the PC through the settings(Only removing programs), when I did that the battery stopped working and now the computer shuts down when I unplug the charger. I don't think it's a hardware problem since I had the same problem a few months ago and the technician didn't swap out the battery, and it started after I reset the computer.

So, is it a driver problem?, or the BIOS?(current version 3.1,), how do I fix it? I'm not even sure if I selected the correct category

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The latest bios for your ANS15-43-R9K7 is the Version: 1.12 titled: 1. Update Insyde solution for 20H2 - 2. Update PI 1.0.0.B. for 20H2. Dated: 2021/03/16 so you need to update to this bios if you are running Win-11 latest version 2H2 OS build 22621.900 which is the latest OS that has been just updated by Microsoft. Note: you should be operating your ANS15-43-R9K7 on this operating system, as this AMD laptop is compatible with its AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H CPu and specs for Win-11, this is my opinion, so you can take it for what it is.

Anyway, first do a “Hard Reset” of this laptop, by taking the main battery and BIOS battery out and ram, leave all these components disconnected and reconnect all after 15min and then reboot the laptop, as this will fix your battery problem.

Also, as I said above, I strongly recommend that you install Win-11 if you are not running this laptop on Win-11. To do this, do a Clean Install of Win-11 version 2H2 OS build 22621.900 and getting the installation files from Microsoft and follow their installation guide to install the Win-11 OS and completely format the boot drive and after make sure that all Windows Updates are up to date, install the latest NVidia driver for your GTX-1650 gpu and also make sure that you upgrade the standard 8GB ram to 2x 8GB ram modules, install CPUz and see the specs of your existing ram and buy a similar 8GB module from the same manufacturer and with the same serial number or and if you can get the same ram, then get the same CAS Latency ram that matches the CPUz specs in its Memory section, best is to do a Crucial System Scan as that will give you the exact ram upgrade specs for your Nitro 5 ANS15-43-R9K7.

All the above will get this laptop performing to its peak performance and it should also fix your “the battery stopped working and now the computer shuts down when I unplug the charger” otherwise there is an internal problem with your and if its still under warranty then I would consult Acer Support in your area and get Acer to fix your laptop. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.

Answers

• Your Nitro 5s bios can't be version 3.1 as no Nitro laptop has that version bios, what is the exact Nitro 5 model number, it should ne something like AN515-xx.. Don't know what you have done to the laptop to reset it but, to do a proper reset you need to do a hard reset, this entails taking the main battery out, bios battery out and the ram out and clean the ram pins and port from any dust or corrosion. Then leave all components disconnected for about 15min and reconnect all and reboot laptop.

If the hard reset does not work, then your laptop has circuitry problems in its DC Mosat chips, Capacitors and other chips that relate to battery charging and power etc that are shorted which interrupts the charging and battery function of your laptop and you need to take your laptop to an experienced technician that has all the tools to diagnose and fix your laptop as a user like you can't fix these problems by doing any rests.

• rodaguJ
    rodaguJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    1. Model Number ANS15-43-R9K7
    2. System Information says SMBIOS Version 3.1 | Bios Version "Insyde Corp." V1.10, 13/07/2020
    3. The reset was just through the settings, Recovery, Keep my Files, Reset, nothing besides that
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The latest bios for your ANS15-43-R9K7 is the Version: 1.12 titled: 1. Update Insyde solution for 20H2 - 2. Update PI 1.0.0.B. for 20H2. Dated: 2021/03/16 so you need to update to this bios if you are running Win-11 latest version 2H2 OS build 22621.900 which is the latest OS that has been just updated by Microsoft. Note: you should be operating your ANS15-43-R9K7 on this operating system, as this AMD laptop is compatible with its AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H CPu and specs for Win-11, this is my opinion, so you can take it for what it is.

Anyway, first do a “Hard Reset” of this laptop, by taking the main battery and BIOS battery out and ram, leave all these components disconnected and reconnect all after 15min and then reboot the laptop, as this will fix your battery problem.

Also, as I said above, I strongly recommend that you install Win-11 if you are not running this laptop on Win-11. To do this, do a Clean Install of Win-11 version 2H2 OS build 22621.900 and getting the installation files from Microsoft and follow their installation guide to install the Win-11 OS and completely format the boot drive and after make sure that all Windows Updates are up to date, install the latest NVidia driver for your GTX-1650 gpu and also make sure that you upgrade the standard 8GB ram to 2x 8GB ram modules, install CPUz and see the specs of your existing ram and buy a similar 8GB module from the same manufacturer and with the same serial number or and if you can get the same ram, then get the same CAS Latency ram that matches the CPUz specs in its Memory section, best is to do a Crucial System Scan as that will give you the exact ram upgrade specs for your Nitro 5 ANS15-43-R9K7.

All the above will get this laptop performing to its peak performance and it should also fix your “the battery stopped working and now the computer shuts down when I unplug the charger” otherwise there is an internal problem with your and if its still under warranty then I would consult Acer Support in your area and get Acer to fix your laptop. Good luck and hope this has helped you out.