No wifi adapter on Acer Aspire C24-963 All In One PC

cgh1234
cgh1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in All-In-One PCs

Recently this computer upgraded itself to Windows 11, and ever since then, I have not been able to use wifi to connect to the internet. There is no wifi option on the taskbar, and there is no wifi option listed under the "Network and Internet" section on settings. I have been through several help pages online, run the internet connection troubleshooter (no problem detected, as the wired connection is working OK), scanned for hardware changes, reset the network from the command prompt, run the most recent windows update, tried to download a driver from the Acer site that seems to install OK but there is no sign of it once the installation has completed.

Grateful for any help here. The reason I want to use wifi rather than wired connection is because the wired connection is running via a TP plug in device through the mains electricity wires, and my new wifi router is faster and more reliable than the TP plug.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder

@cgh1234 check in the device manager to see if the Wifi card driver is present or not.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited December 2022

Yes, there are a few places in Device Manager where the issue might show up. If you have anything with an error or warning show us a picture...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.